Why should you use honey for acne treatment? Because, honey is an ancient remedy with strong antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antioxidant properties. It’s been used for centuries as a most popular home remedy for any kind of wounds and ulcers.
It has a wide range of therapeutic and healing benefits. Here are some of the proven benefits of using this liquid gold:
• acts as a antiseptic (great for external use on acne, scars, wounds)
• improves the metabolism
• improves immunity boosting the immune system
• acts as antioxidant and stimulates detoxification
• acts as a sedative
• reduces pain and irritation
• reduces the formation of harmful free radicals and protects the body from remains of free radicals
• stimulates mental and physical activity
• helps with anemia, anorexia and loss of appetite
• ejects excess water from the body
• helps in treating gastritis, gastric ulcer, intestinal infections
• cures hemorrhoids
• removes unpleasant odors
• helps with morning sickness
• helps with chronic bronchitis, bronchial asthma, rhinitis, allergic rhinitis
• improves absorption of medications and make them more effective
• has a positive effect on the removal dental calculus
• has a positive effect on heart disease
• has a positive effect in treatment of gangrene
There are many types of honey such as mono-floral honey, multi-floral honey, crystallized honey, liquid honey, creamed honey, chunk honey, and comb honey. Also there are a lot of flavors like: acacia, alfalfa, avocado, blueberry, buckwheat, chestnut, clover, eucalyptus, fireweed, lavender, lime or linden, manuka, orange blossom, sage, tupelo, wildflower etc.
Honey is used today in all kinds of health treatments because of its unique and powerful healing properties. It is used for situations such as burns, arthritis, hair loss, weight loss, urinary infections, bad digestion, bad breath, high cholesterol, toothache, sore throat, insomnia, stress, fatigue, migraine, dizziness, skin infections, acne, etc.
All honey types and flavors have common characteristics but some of them are better choice for specific health problem. Some examples on what type of honey is best for specific problem:
• Acacia honey – insomnia, stress, irritated nervous system
• Chestnut honey – bad digestion
• Sage honey – cold, bronchitis, bronchial asthma
• Lavender honey – urinary infections, migraine, dizziness
• Manuka honey – skin infections, acne, acne scars
Since we know that acne is mostly caused by bacteria called Propionibacterium acnes and we also know that honey has strong antibacterial properties, this is a very good reason to use honey for acne treatment. It will clean your body from inside and outside. It will stimulate your body to eliminate the toxins and waste (also responsible for acne development), reduce pain and infection of acne, eliminate bacteria, reduce inflammation, boost your metabolism and immune system which is crucial for overall health, and also clean skin.
Inner use of honey for acne treatment
It is highly recommended that you use honey in every day diet. You can eat it raw or mix it with tea or any other liquid, fruit, salads and so on. Daily intake of honey should be around 3- tablespoons. The best way to start a day is with a tablespoon of honey mixed with some fruit or whole grain cereals. Also, it is good to have a tablespoon of honey before going to bed. Before you put honey in cup of tea (or or any other liquid) make sure that isn’t too hot because it will eliminate the healing properties of honey. Also, honey in liquid should be dissolved completely because this way the body will fully exploit valuable healing substances of honey.
The external use of honey for acne treatment
Applying the honey alone as a face mask or in combination with some other great and helpful ingredients (lemon, tea tree oil, apple, garlic, cinnamon, etc.) will clean the skin pores, eliminate bacteria, reduce pain, swelling and inflammation. Honey is a great exfoliator, excellent for skin peeling, so your skin will look healthy and glowing, will feel soft and smooth.
Feel free to use this liquid gold for acne treatment, and combine it with some other ingredients mentioned above. It will only help you but it will not clear you acne overnight. Before you decide about use honey for acne treatment, make sure that you are not allergic to it.
I have chosen some of the finest Manuka honey for you to try out. You can easily find them and purchase on Amazon. See below.